Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spiritual Reflection on Christmas

WHAT IS CHRISTMAS ALL ABOUT?
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

…. (18) This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. (19) Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. (20) But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. (21) She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins (Matthew 1:18-21).

Christmas is one of the most beautiful holidays celebrated by the majority of the people in the world. The well decorated houses, stores and streets bring a joyful feeling for the season. However let me focus on the person of Christ and to call my reflection - “….Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

Lord Jesus promised His Apostles before His ascension to heaven: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” (John 14:18) And He indeed returned as the spirit, because the Holy Spirit is the spirit of Christ (Romans 8:8-9) and has His personality, nature and character. He is as real in the spirit as you are in your body. You cannot see Him in a human body but He still hears and speaks (Mark 3:11/Luke 12:12/John 14:26).

Let’s consider how the spiritual being of Jesus Christ could relate to another person. What would you do if the Lord Jesus would appear to you in a human form?
  • Would you talk to Him?
  • Would you ask Him questions or petition Him for something?
  • Would you open your heart to Him and tell Him your problems?
Perhaps you answer is ‘yes, of course!’

This is the reason why the Holy Spirit was sent on earth, for Christ to be with you personally.
Lord Jesus lets His presence be known to each faithful believer. Since He is your friend, He wants to commune with you as well as to guide you, protect you and make you stronger (Matthew 11:28-30).
He says,
  • I am yours!
  • I live in your heart!
  • We should walk together and talk!
  • I know your weak points!
  • That is why I want to be close to you as your best friend!
You may believe the Holy Spirit was sent to the world but not to you personally, so you could say ‘He is mine!’
Exactly! - Because Christianity is first and foremost about relationships rather than rules. It’s about the person more than a philosophy. It’s about the most important relationship of all - our relationship with God. From the beginning, we were created for this. Because of the disobedience of the first people, the connection to God was separated. Separate but not forever (Romans 5:12-18). From this cause, Jesus came on the earth and today, thanks to Him, and only to Him (Acts 4:10-12 / John 14:5-6 / 1 Timothy 2:5-7) you can return to a close relationship with God. Many people, (even me) get this benefit.

I am sharing this with you today because there are many people suffering from pain, sadness and depression. Maybe you could be one of them but no one has told you yet that JESUS IS THE SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROBLEMS. I plead for you to understand that only a relationship with Christ will help you to restore your life, give it purpose, joy and inner peace in difficult times. No church, religious affiliation, great spiritual leader, psychologist or medication can fill your inner hunger for a deeper meaning to your life (Ephesians 3:14-21). If you want to do something about that, I encourage you to take the first step.

# 1. Understand and admit that your sins separated you from the Holy God (Isaiah 59:2), (Jeremiah 5:25).
Have you ever confessed to God the things in your life that hurt him? Your ego, your pride, your selfishness, envy, immorality etc? The Bible says that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
All (including you) are separated from the Holy God. So it is time to confess to him and openly admit your sins and receive forgiveness, love, and establish a relationship.

# 2. Believe from the bottom of your heart what the Christ has done for you on the cross (Romans 5:8) and (1 John 4:10).
In the book of (Isaiah 53:6) we read: “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the inequity of us all.” Christ died for us on the cross so you can receive forgiveness and restore the relationship with God. Everyone deserves punishment for their sins against the Holy God. But in his unselfish love he sent his beloved Son who took upon himself punishment for our sins.

# 3. Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord (Your Spiritual leader) (Acts 3:18-23) and Savior (Redeemer and Mediator 1st Timothy 2:5). Confess this from the bottom of your heart. The true Christian faith cannot be inherited, taught, or worked for. Receive Him into your heart; this will start a new chapter in your life, building a relationship with God. All of us who belong to Christ had to come to him by themselves.
How can this be accomplished?
Bow your head and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in a short prayer. “Dear God, I confess my transgressions against you, and ask your forgiveness (take time to remember your sins, and confess them to God). Please forgive me, and remember no more my sins. I'm aware that I broke your just and Holy Law, and I'm a sinner in need of forgiveness. I desire to turn away from my sinful life and make amends for the wrongs that I have committed. I ask for your help in that. Jesus thank you for dying for my sins, justifying me, and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe that you were resurrected from the dead and are seated on the right side of the Father from where I can receive help. I open the door to my heart and invite you to be my Lord and Savior.”
Please live in my heart through the power of the Holy Spirit, restore me, give me strength and lead me according to your will. I put aside my old habits and desire with all my heart to rely on your grace. Please help me with that. In your hand I put my life, my faith, and hope. Amen.

I pray and wish that you;
  • Patiently wait for God's answer to your prayer.
  • Understand and experience that Christianity is relationship with Jesus Christ.
  • Start to study God’s Word (The Bible).
  • Look to Jesus to help you in your problems.
  • Find people who take God seriously and grow spiritually with them.

P.S.
For the Christmas season please accept our sincere wishes of healthy, peaceful and joyful Holidays.
It is our hope that living Christ will dwell in your hearts through faith, and that you being rooted and established in love, may grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge (Ephesians 3:17-19).

Luke & Iwona
luke@zaJezusem.com

No comments:

Post a Comment